Awards to keep the ball rolling
Recently elected Councillor Representative of Young Members of the Professional Association of Civil Engineers (CICCP), Juan Antonio Martínez has worked at Ineco since 2015, holds a Master’s Degree in BIM Management for Civil Engineering, Infrastructures and GIS, and is a Railways Specialist for the Madrid Branch of the CICCP and Adif. In 2018, he was the winner of the competition Engineering in 200 seconds, organised by the Association of Civil Engineers and the CICCP, which also recognised his contribution to increasing awareness of engineering.
“It’s really important to spread information and make the whole world aware of our activities as civil engineers across a wide range of areas” Juan Antonio Martínez Ortega, civil engineer at Ineco
For the company, this award follows others received for projects related to roads development such as EuroTAP in 2004 and 2006, or the more recent Ponle Freno 2019 and Esri 2020. Roads Projects Department, with a team of 180 people, is involved in some of the most important projects in Spain and supports the General Directorate of Roads of the MITMA (Ministry of Public Works and Transport) in different contracts, not to mention the 20 specialists from the Department team working in Mexico, Costa Rica and Latvia.
ROADS-related awards to celebrate
- Given to the Junta de Andalucía for the A-381 highway project (International Road Federation) in 2004.
- From the EuroTAP (European Tunnel Assessment Programme), for the best and safest tunnel in Europe M-12 in 2006.
- Global Road Achievement Award to Ineco-UPM for the project for the development of the 2nd generation of highways in Poland (International Road Federation) in 2006.
- SDGs to the Ronin tool (Rafael del Pino Foundation and Spanish Global Compact Network) in 2018.
- Esri for the BIM-GIS integration in the A-76 highway project together with the BIM team in 2019.
- Outstanding Young Engineer award to Juan Antonio Martínez in 2020.